I had an idea recently to go out to nearly every Daygamer I knew and to ask them this question:
“What are the three most important things you need to become a good Daygamer?”
Today I’m going to relay back to you what they said.
I thought that this question was interesting because you only got to pick three qualities; without this constraint I think it would be easy to name many (in Daygame Mastery I believe Nick lists seven). For example, off the top of my head, there’s resilience, perseverance, baseline above-average attractiveness, mischievousness, and the list goes on. How do you pick three and eliminate all the others?
I’ve decided not to include my own three in the following lists. To be honest, every one of them is a valid answer and any aspiring Daygamer would do well to strive towards them. I saw this more as an interesting thought experiment than an opportunity to give my own views: to see what came up and what people answered in common.
I’ve kept each list anonymous so that extra credence doesn’t get added to any particular list, but if you spot your own list and want to add more detail in the comments then please do (some people sent me large paragraphs rather than bullet points, but the more the merrier when it comes to the comments).
- Self awareness and the ability to self diagnose
- Basic social skills
- Consistency (at least in the first two years)
- Practise in big cities and have logistics
- Ability to tailor proven daygame techniques and make them their own
- Someone who has courage and is prepared to be bold
- Someone who has more to their life than daygame!
- Perseverance: Daygame is RuneScape not COD
- Perspective: the best daygamers seem to be well aware of what sexual market value is and how it applies. The things which seem to have stopped a lot of people are limiting beliefs and convenient excuses.
- Pragmatic: a good daygamer has a plan sorted. The ultimate goal of daygame is to get lays and a guy needs to have his looks, logistics and venues sorted.
- Honest feedback which could be in the form of a coach +/- recording your sets and analysing them
- Be prepared to try different things e.g. specific lines, location, types of sets you open, personal style
- Keep other enjoyable things going in your life. important for personal happiness but also natural conversation with the girls that you meet.
- An ability to remember it is about having fun
- Willingness to break from fixed methods and test new things for yourself
- A life / social circle / hobbies outside of Game.
- Good vibe
- Mental toughness
- Something to prove
- The ability to be flexible on location.
- Willingness to make it a top priority in their lives
- The belief that what they are doing is perfectly normal and it is a great thing in what they are doing.
- High frustration threshold / not losing motivation quickly
- Decent level of SMV
- Humility: consistently attack your ego and always be assessing what you can do better
- Be real: you need to put down your guard and be your actual self.
- Being socially calibrated (or just being ‘normal’)
- Have an abundance mindset
- Have his life organised (this person would have a steady source of income, is healthy and physically active)
- Self-belief: every consistent daygamer I know perceives themselves as attractive to girls, or at the very least not unattractive
- Ability to accept reality & do the required work. Good daygamers are not (entirely) delusional; they accept the hardships in daygame, then take the required actions to achieve what they want.
- Charismatic/being cool: do not be dull, robotic, or oblivious to how others feel around you
Please add your own three in the comments as well.